Whats for Dinner Wednesday- Chicken Casserole!

What's for Dinner? Why one of Josh and Zeke's favorite meals of course!! The easiest, peasiest, Chicken Casserole!

Its so easy. Maybe 5 min of prep. Which makes it one of my favorite meals as well!

Your first step is to spread some raw vegetables in a casserole dish. I use whatever is left-over from previous dinners, which this week happened to be frozen peas and a few carrots. If I don't have any vegetables left over, or if I'm in such a rush I cant be bothered to chop anything, then I just use a small bag of frozen assorted veg. I ALWAYS keep a small bag of frozen veggies in the house, its so handy. A good change is the Fiesta mix with the red peppers, broccoli, and corn for this casserole.

Next mix in 2 cans of cream of chicken and 2 cans worth of milk, some chopped up or shredded chicken breast, and before I got married to Josh (who HATES all things sour cream) I would also throw in about a cup of that dreaded stuff.

Now all you have to do is throw it in the oven at 350 degrees until the veggies are soft and the chicken is cooked thru. It takes about a half hour. Once its cooked or at least almost cooked, I top it with Pillsbury crescent rolls cut into stripes and put it in for another 7-10 minutes. You could also top it with bread crumbs and cheese, however.


YUM!

3 comments:

Betty said...

You have no idea how hungry this has made me. lol!
I honestly can wait to try this. Yummy!

Kim said...

I don't think you were a follower before. But I don't know why you all of a sudden stopped getting my posts. Glad to have you back! lol.

I'm curious, do you take requests for WFDW? I really want to make a chicken terriyaki rice bowl, but have NO idea where to begin. You know other than calling Noodle Express and telling them I'll be there in 15. lol. YOU should make it so I can copy it! Have fun on your trip!

Angela said...

Wow - that is easy and I always have a bag of frozen veggies handy! I am definitely going to try this and it looks good.