WFDW- Quesadilla's

Quesadilla's!! Yum yum. I hadn't made "good" (aka more than tortilla and cheese microwaved) quesadilla's in years... in fact, not in all the almost 4 years that Josh and I have been married! So when I told my hubby that was what was for dinner he was pretty skeptical that it would be filling enough. We've had this discussion many times before, you see, what exactly qualifies as a "meal" (it must include meat, apparently). Well I am here to assure you that this WFDW got Josh's hearty approval. And THAT is saying something!

You start by cooking your all-important meat. It can be steak if you prefer or you can go with chicken like I did (because while Josh may insist on meat I can insist on it not being always red!)

Next you shred up some cheese. Cheddar, Mozzerella, Jack, whatever you have around the house, or even better a mixture of all of the above!

Next you put a tortilla onto a hot (med is hot enough) and buttered frying pan and add the cheese, meat, and any veggies you like. Tomato, onion, green and red peppers are all good choices.

Add a bit more cheese and another tortilla and flip! Make sure your cheese is completely melted and then you are done. Serve with guacamole or sour cream!


7 comments:

Marty, Rhenda and Anna said...

we make these often in our house since both daddy and Anna love them. They include chicken, black beans, cheese, and onions, green pepper (in daddy's) too. yummy, with our homemade salsa!

Virginia said...

Yummy! What I like about them is the fact that you can put whatever you want in them :)

Maja said...

Mmm....

Grandma--Jane said...

Just looking at the pictures made me hungry and wishing I was in walking distance to your house for dinner. Am definitely going to make this for G-pa Bill. I always look forward to reading your blog everyday and a dinner recipe on Wednesdays is a fantastic idea.

Kim said...

I was seriously JUST thinking that I needed to look for a recipe for chicken quesadillas and up they pop on your blog! Yay! Now I really want quesadillas. Thanks for that!

How's it going with the house? Made an offer yet, neighbor?

Alexia said...

I've said this more than once, I know, but I LOVE the recipes you put on here! They are all so easy and yummy! This one is definitely going on my shopping list - it'll be a big hit!

Trish said...

MMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Stopping by from SITS to say hello!! That looks so delicious! I love cooking blogs, too.