Uhg

I will admit that I am seriously seriously depressed over here.

My burst of energy lasted about 36 hours and then became not labor but...wait for it...wait for it...the flu. I had fever/chills and body aches for a good 36 or so hours. NOT fun when you are 39 weeks pregnant...just in case you were wondering.

I also have not had this baby yet. And everyone was sooo sure it would be this week...this year. Soooo sure. My midwife didn't want to bother making a prenatal appt for next week she was sooo sure. Josh has been talking about his New Year's Eve baby for months now. Well it's New FREAKING Years Eve Josh!! Where is your baby!?!?

I think when he comes home from work I will punch him in the face.

After today, in a strange strange way, I think it will actually get better. Because after today I have to admit that I am running late (again) and it could be another few weeks (again). Its a miserable thought but I think once I've crossed that line and admitted/accepted it, then it will be easier to swallow each day as it comes baby-less.

6 comments:

Kim said...

The flu?! What! Of all the luck. :( Just keep reminding yourself of the pedicure you will receive if you make it a little longer and the dinner we will eat to celebrate your due date!

Kaitlin said...

And the messages and acupuncture... and all the pitty you recieve. And how extra happy you will be to have her :)

Kaitlin said...

*massages ;)

jmt said...

I giggled when you said you'd punch him in the face. Thanks for that...makes me feel less crazy.

Lianne said...

Oh Coco, you're doing so well, hanging in there. I'm thinking of you often. <3

Lianne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.