A quick update

We leave Saturday for a long trip to visit our families, so since I'm sure I'll be running around tomorrow like a chicken cleaning, packing, trying to make it to yoga, and worrying about the kitten, I thought I'd do an update now.

Last night I felt my first good kick from Blueberry. I've been feeling little "was that?" movements for almost a week but yesterday's was the first good solid kick. I remember thinking it was a little higher then I expected him to be and then when I was getting dressed this morning I looked in the mirror to notice my tummy has finally popped! Yep, he's finally above my pubic bone and just in time to maybe let me go a full 2-3 hours between bathroom breaks while we camp. That would be really nice.

I've also found the pattern for this babies blanket. Its so simple I will actually finish it.

And I swear I will recommit to crocheting more as soon as we get back. I always fall off the wagon in the spring/summer but this baby needs hats and such. Plus even though Zeke doesn't appreciate his crocheted blanket and prefers the one from Walmart I insist on each of my children receive one to ignore.

Wish me luck. On travels and crafts both.

5 comments:

Jen at The Places We Live said...

Pretty blanket! Hope you guys have fun on your trip.

Llama Wanderings said...

Have a GREAT time camping! :D

Leslie said...

First kicks are always fun, it's the ones at the end that aren't!! Glad that everything is going well. Enjoy your vacation... Oh and good luck with the crocheting!

Sarah said...

Have a blast! Delighted to meet you. Hope you don't mind if I splash around a bit while you're gone and get to know you.

Hugs from Costa Rica (you would love the coffee),
Sarah Dawn

Unknown said...

Hi! Stopping by from SITS today. You have a beautiful baby boy there and congrats on #2 on the way!