the plague

Sorry its been a while since my last post. And sorry that this one wont have any pictures. But we have had the plague. That is right...the PLAGUE.

As soon as we got back from Boise Josh got sick. Really really sick. Then I got sick, but not too bad. Then Zeke got sick but also not too bad. Then Josh got better mostly (his throat still hurts now). Then I got WAY WAY worse. Then I started to pick up a little. So we are hoping Zeke doesnt get way worse now. I dont know. All he does is sleep, and fitfully at that. So between taking care of my husband and taking care of my baby and trying not to DIE myself, I haven't had the time to post.

And yeah, my whole plan of moving him into his own room when we got back from Boise? Toast. He's been in our bed pretty much constant since he got and night honestly. The best laid plans of mice and men, huh? Instead of one giant leap forward we take a step back. Oh well, sick babies need the comfort and sick mommas do what they have to in order to survive.

We've had some firsts though. I clipped Zeke's finger for the first time. His poor little thumb. He didnt seem to notice but I am still filled with guilt. And Zeke squealed for the first time. It was at the sight of his zebra. That stupid Zebra got his first smile and his first squeal now. Seriously, it will be his first word and I will cry. Oh and Ezekiel's first runny nose with this sickness. Also daddy's first day in charge because he stayed home from work on my worste day and took care of the baby for me so I could get some rest. He only brought him to me when he was hungry, and on top of that made me soup and brought me meds every 4 hours. He even slept on my side of the bed so he'd be next to Zeke's bed if he needed anything. Which of course he did. I think he stayed in his bed until 3 that night, which was longer then I had ever lasted with him last week.

Next week I'll post some pictures. I promise.


Jennspiration said...

I am so sorry you guys were sick! That was a lot of people passing the baby around while you were here. My dad always says, the only way we can stop passing around germs is to stop breathing!

Anyway, good boy Josh for being such a good Daddy and Husband!

I hope you all feel better soon, and I WILL be waiting for more pictures! I need to email you the ones I took I'll try to do that tonight!

Domrese Family Blog said...

Hope you feel better soon! Let us know if you need anything!

Annali said...

Yes, Holly had beautiful little Lily Sunday morning. She is 9 lbs, 5 oz, almost 22 inches and absolutely precious. :) It was quite the ordeal to get her here (much like little Zeke) but I'll let Holly tell you everything. :)