Growing up

Today (since Zeke has a cough and therefor cannot go to any playdates for fear of spreading possible infections) I cleaned out Ezekiel's closet.

I took all the clothes that don't fit him, from the ridiculously small newborn outfits to the 6 month shirts that I decided just yesterday were showing a bit too much stomach and folded them all nicely, placed them into a plastic tub, and then carried them down to our storage closet. And as a sign that my emotional roller-coastering is over (for a while at least), I didn't even tear up. Yes, the unemotional, totally sarcastic Courtney is back. The Courtney that laughed at her moist-eyed husband at their wedding. NOT the new, weak, Courtney that cried when her husband said Zeke would be a man before we knew it.

A related side note: I'm working on telling Zeke I love him at least as often as I say "You're driving me nutters". He'll probably figure out my strange and maybe slightly unhealthy way of showing affection, after all, Josh has told me that every time I tell him "I will kill you" he just thinks of it as "I love you". Also, Zeke already gets his very biggest smiles when I call him naughty and spoiled. But still, maybe I should try to lessen the psychiatric bills...

Anyways, I cant believe how big he is getting. Or the fact that I will probably have to buy new pants soon...again. His legs are so long, its ridiculous trying to find anything that will fit him. Good thing I prefer his pants a good inch or two below his belly-button (yes, I am a child of the 90's) because if I put them any higher most would be well above his ankles. And dont get me started on his footsie pajamas. A couple of them also had to be put away because the poor child couldnt straighten his legs anymore. I might just cut off the feet...

No comments: