The Male Brain

I just got from the library The Male Brain. A friend of mine was/is reading it and I figured, hey, I am surrounded by men these days...perhaps it will be interesting.

I've decided that its going to be really fun to talk to Josh about.

His comments as I read the highlights:

Me: The male brain is a lean mean problem solving machine. Faced with a personal problem , a man will use his analytical brain structures, not his emotional ones, to find a solution.

Josh: What? You mean we SOLVE the problem? Who ever solved a problem with their emotions??

Me: At certain points in its development, has difficulty following the pitch and cadence of female speech.

Josh: That is because that squeal you guys do isnt a word.

Me: Has an area for sexual pursuit that is 2.5 times larger than a females, perpetuating a virtually endless loop of sexual thought.

Josh: Come on now, that's just in proportion!! Everyone knows a man's brain is just 2.5 times larger!

Me: I see how this is going to go...You are going to come home from work and I'll say "look honey, this is so interesting!" and you will just go "mer mer."

Josh: I dont think I can follow your cadence.

Just a little insight into why I need a girls night out so often.

No comments: